You can’t always count on a restaurant to offer a high chair for your child. Grandma may not want a big high chair taking up room in her kitchen. So, why not tote your own when you’re on the go with your child? phil & teds Lobster Portable High Chair ($79) is perfect for meals out with your little one. It’s easy to set up and break down (it’s a mere 4 lbs). It’s suitable for kids up to 37 lbs. And the best part is, you’ll be able to easily set it up, but little hands won’t be able to undo it.
Why we recommend it:
- The Lobster packs flat (you can stick it in a diaper bag)
- It’s sturdy and will hold children up to 37 lbs.
- It clamps to virtually any table or countertop (must between 0.8 – 3.75 ” thick)
- It offers a 5 point harness to securely strap your little on in
- It weighs less than 4 lbs, so it’s perfect for family travel (you could easily fit in your suitcase or trunk)
-It’s easy to clean (you can take the fabric off)
-Suitable from 6 months of age to 3 years (make sure your child can hold their head up).
-It can be used with or without the tray
-Comes with a carry bag
-Comes in red/black or black
To install, twist open the clamps and then twist to tighten.
What to Watch For: It may not fit all tables (if the table has a lip, for example). Make sure you call the restaurant or home you’re going to visit and find.
J & R Jr. Rating: We love this ultra portable, lightweight high chair and how easily it installs.