But you’ve got to pack loads of items to entertain the kids. Our list includes:
1. Media Players: iPad, LeapFrog’s LeapPad, portable dvd player (great for playing educational apps or watching movies). Find portable DVD players here. Find the LeapPad here. Find the iPad here.
2. Headphones (with a kid-friendly safe volume control): Even if your child plays their movies or games at a respectable level, headphones are a good idea so you can listen to the GPS/news/traffic/your favorite tunes. Find kid-friendly headphones here.
3. Travel Art Activities: We like Melissa & Doug Stamp Marker Activity Pad , Alex Toys 8 in 1 Crayon (it’s 8 colors in one crayon, just twist to choose a color and push to engage), Melissa & Doug Mini-Sketch Pad, and Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad.
4. Travel Games: Bring along some fun travel games like Imaginetics Travel Picture Bingo and University Games Yo Gabba Gabba! Fun Pockets(Contains 2 Travel-Friendly Play Boards And Colorforms Stick-Ons)
5. Storage: Find them a cool backpack to stash their stuff (bonus: it will keep everything together). Find backpacks here.
And don’t forget lots of healthy and portable snacks! Pack a lot and make them very accessible. Good choices include fresh fruit in portions (snack sized ziplocs), dried fruit, nuts, seeds, cheese sticks, cut up veggies, whole grain crackers…etc..